Vegan pigs in blankets and a No Turkey Roast are just two of the plant-based items in Aldi’s Christmas range.
The sun may still be shining brightly, but it’s never too early to start thinking about the food we’ll be eating at Christmas. In that spirit, Aldi has unveiled details of its festive range for 2020, and vegans won’t be disappointed.
Amongst the plant-based offerings from the budget supermarket are:
- Plant Menu Vegan Turkey – made from soya and filled with a cranberry, red pepper, apricot and pumpkin seed stuffing, and coated in a barbecue flavour glaze
- Plant Menu Vegan Pigs in Blankets – vegan cocktail sausages with a herb and pepper flavour, wrapped in puff pastry
- Specially Selected Thai Roses – mixed pack of 10 handmade red and yellow Thai vegetable roses
- Specially Selected Vegan Stuffing Balls – available in three varieties: Cranberry, Apricot & Mandarin, or Sage & Onion
- Specially Selected Chocolate Orange Vegan Melt in the Middle Pudding – a dark chocolate sponge with an orange flavoured compote centre, finished with a dark chocolate sauce and gold shimmer
Anyone looking for gifts for the vegan in their life will also be pleased to know that Aldi’s Christmas range has added a Vegan Hamper for 2020, containing a Christmas pudding, fruit cake bar, Medjoul dates, truffles, creams, tea and a Chilean Merlot.
The other items in the range that are suitable for vegans are Indian Windmills, Vegan Cocktail Sausages, No Duck Spring Rolls, Vegan Fusion Skewers, Oriental Vegetable Selection, Vegetable Tempura Nests, Vegetable Gyozas, Indian Snack Selection, Cauliflower, Pumpkin & Chilli Bites, Potato Rosti Baskets, and Nut Roasts.
Aldi’s Christmas range will start rolling out in stores from September.