Join the Plant Based Newsletter
We will keep you updated with the latest Plant Based news and interesting items
Recipe for plant based peanut butter chocolate lava cakes, inspired by the Great British Bake Off!
- 100g ( ½ cup) caster sugar
- 30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 65g (1/2 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 200mls soy milk
- 55ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
You will also need
- 4 ramekins
- 1 tbsp non-dairy butter, for greasing
- 2 tbsp cocoa, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Grease the ramekins with the non-dairy butter and dust the insides with cocoa, tipping out any excess. Place the prepared ramekins in a baking tray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Add the soy milk and oil to the bowl and mix everything well to combine.
- Divide the batter between the 4 ramekins. Gently place a large teaspoonful of peanut butter into the middle of each pudding.
- Transfer the baking tray to the oven and cook the puddings, without opening the door, for 12 minutes. They should be risen and cooked on the top, but still slightly wobbly in the centre.
- Remove them from the oven and leave to cool for 1 minute. Run a table knife around the edges of the puddings to loosen them from the ramekins and invert onto a plate to turn out.
- Dust with cocoa and serve immediately.