Join the Plant Based Newsletter
We will keep you updated with the latest Plant Based news and interesting items
This burger recipe from Delightful. Simple. Humble. incorporates cooked pasta to deliver a stable and meaty texture
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Yield: 4-6 people
- 250g whole wheat pasta, cooked & cooled
- 400g tin black beans
- 3 x garlic cloves
- 50g sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 70ml BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x onion, finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- burger buns of your choice
- Pre-heat the oven to 180?c and line a baking tray with tin foil. In a food processor or high speed blender, add the whole wheat pasta, black beans, garlic cloves, sun dried tomatoes, chilli powder, paprika and BBQ sauce.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion until it starts to gain some colour; around 5 – 7 minutes. Add them to the patty mixture, stirring to combine and season to taste.
- Split the mixture in to 6 parts and shape them in to burger patties. Lay them out on to the baking sheet and place them in the oven. Cook for around 15 – 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Remove them from the oven and assemble how you like your burgers! I’ve gone with tomato, spinach, avocado, red onion, vegan cheese and a generous amount of BBQ sauce.