Join the Plant Based Newsletter
We will keep you updated with the latest Plant Based news and interesting items
BUFFALO SPROUT BITES
- 500g Brussels sprouts, trimmed but left whole
- 125g (1 cup) gram flour
- 237ml (1 cup) water
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 227g (2 ½ cups) natural breadcrumbs, homemade or store bought
- 100ml (1/2 cup) buffalo sauce, store bought
- 2 tbsp dairy-free butter
- In a small saucepan, melt together the buffalo sauce and the butter. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Fill a large, heavy based pan no more that 1 third full with vegetable oil and place over a medium high heat. Do not leave this pan unattended at any time.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl. In another bowl, mix together the gram flour, water and all the spices to make a smooth batter.
- One by one, dip the sprouts into the batter and then into the breadcrumbs, making sure they are evenly coated.
- When the oil is hot, fry the sprouts, in batches, until golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle the cooked bites with sea salt and serve with the buffalo sauce for dipping.