TO MAKE CHEESE SAUCE:
1. In a medium sized pan, bring the stock to a boil and add carrots. Cook on a medium heat for about 10 minutes.
2. Add the shallot and cannellini beans, then reduce heat to a simmer for 10-12 minutes or until carrots and beans are soft.
3. Turn off the heat and add the remaining ingredients for the cheese sauce into the pan. Use a hand blender (or add it all to a food processor) to blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour the cheese sauce over the broccoli and brown rice and give it a good mix until sauce is properly dispersed. Top with a layer of breadcrumbs.
5. Bake for 20-25minutes, until the top is crispy and golden.