FOR THE SANDWICH:
1. Prepare the chickpeas by frying the chickpeas, tomato purée, hot sauce, coconut nectar, onion powder, cumin and thyme over a medium-high heat. Lightly press down on the chickpeas with a fork to break some of them up, but leave a few whole. Remove from the heat after a few minutes, season to taste, cover with a lid and set aside.
2. Heat the Cheesy Nacho Sauce in a small saucepan.
3. To assemble the sandwich, spread a layer of Cheesy Nacho Sauce on a piece of buttered toast. Put a few tablespoons of the chickpea mixture on top and cover with the last piece of bread.
FOR THE CHEESY NACHO SAUCE:
1. Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth, creamy and no lumps remain. To serve, simply heat up in a small saucepan
2. Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge. When re-using, simply thin out the sauce with a little plant-based milk to reach your desired consistency.
Cheese and Chive Potato Cakes with Roasted Tomato These...
Tandoori Roasted Cauliflower This Tandoori Roasted Cauliflower dish perfectly...
Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Cream These Buffalo Cauliflower...