Join the Plant Based Newsletter
We will keep you updated with the latest Plant Based news and interesting items
Swap out your traditional crispy cookies with these soft and pillowy pumpkin snacking cookies from ‘Oh She Glows Every Day’ by Angela Liddon.
Makes: 11 cookies | Prep time: 10 – 15 minutes | Bake time: 12 – 14 minutes
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, softened
- 50g (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 75g (1/4 cup) unsweetened pumpkin purée
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons milled linseed
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash of ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 115g (1 cup) white/light spelt flour
- Preheat the oven 350°F 180°C (Gas Mark 4/350F). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together the coconut oil, sugar, pumpkin and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the cinnamon, linseed, ginger, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom and salt. Beat until combined. Add the flour and beat again until combined. The dough should be moist and easy to roll into balls.
- Shape the dough into large balls, about 2 packed tablespoons each. Place the balls 5-8cm (2-4in) apart on the prepared baking sheet. Do not flatten the balls, or the cookies will not be as fluffy.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the cookies have puffed up. Some might be lightly cracked on the surface.
- Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Pipe icing onto cookies, if desired (make sure they are completely cool or it will melt). Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days or freeze them for up to 2 weeks. I like to wrap them individually in foil and then place them in a freezer-safe zip-top bag or airtight container.
Nutrition (per 100g)
- Calories: 363
- Fat: 14g
- Saturates: 11g
- Sugars: 19g
- Salt: 0.51g
- Protein: 5.4g
Recipe from Oh She Glows Every Day by Angela Liddon. Published by Michael Joseph, £18.99