Join the Plant Based Newsletter
We will keep you updated with the latest Plant Based news and interesting items
Tandoori Tofu Skewers
For the tandoori marinade:
- 4 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp coriander seed
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- For the skewers:
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 mins
- 400g (approx. 2 cups) extra firm tofu, drained, pressed and cubed
- ½ green pepper, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped into chunks
- A few mushrooms, halved or quartered
- Crisp salad
- Lemon wedges
- In a small, dry frying pan, gently toast the whole spices until fragrant and a shade darker. Tip into a pestle and mortar or spice grinder and crush to a
- Add the toasted spices to a large bowl and mix well with all the other ingredients for the marinade.
- Add the tofu to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. This can also be prepared the day before to get ahead.
- Make the skewers by threading them with alternating chunks of vegetables and tofu until all the ingredients have been used.
- Preheat grill to high. Line a grill pan with foil and place the rack on top. Place the skewers on the rack and grill on all sides until lightly charred.
- Serve with salad, raitha and lemon wedges for squeezing.