Join the Plant Based Newsletter
We will keep you updated with the latest Plant Based news and interesting items
Makes 6 -8
- 1 x 410g tin palm hearts
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ white onion
- 1 spring onion
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- ½ Nori sheet (broken into small pieces)
- 58g (¼ cup) vegan mayonnaise
- 60g (1 cup) of breadcrumbs plus extra for coating
- 1 tsp fresh Dill
- 2 tsp fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 heaped tsp Cornflour
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Oil for frying
- Blitz together the garlic, white onion and celery so it is very finely minced.
- Lightly sweat in a pan and set aside to cool.
- Drain the hearts of palm and shred them using two forks, squeeze any excess liquid and place in a bowl.
- Drain and blend the chickpeas.
- Finely chop the Dill and Parsley and slice the spring onion, add to the bowl of shredded palm hearts and squeeze in the lemon juice. Add the blended chickpeas Stir to combine.
- Combine the Nori, Mustard, Mayonnaise and Cajun seasoning then add to the mix and stir through.
- Add the cornflour and 1 cup breadcrumbs stir through once more.
- Shape into patties, coat in extra breadcrumbs and chill for 20 minutes
- Heat Oil in a pan and shallow fry for 2 minutes on each side
- Drain any excess oil on kitchen paper and serve.