Calories 502 Fat 38g Saturates 24g Sugars 21g Salt 0.01g Protein 8.4g
FOR THE SAFFRON COMPOTE:
1. Mix together the lemon or lime juice and cornflour (cornstarch) in a small saucepan off the heat. When combined, cook over a medium heat for a couple of minutes, then add the agave nectar and saffron and cook, stirring, on a medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes until it thickens (it should be the consistency of a thin cream, but may thicken later.) Leave to cool.
FOR THE 'CHEESECAKE'
1. Soak the cashews for the filling in a bowl of water the night before you’re making the cheesecake, or at least 3 hours in advance.
2. To make the base, if the dates aren’t soft, soften them in the microwave or a saucepan over a low heat with a little oil for half
3. Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan. Once melted, add the chickpea (gram) flour and cook, stirring, for 12–15 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken and the colour turns from yellow to golden brown. It will darken very quickly once the colour changes slightly, so remove from the heat as soon as it looks just a shade darker. Now stir in the dates and ground cardamom. The dates should melt as you stir, but a few chunks will remain, which is fine as it adds a lovely crunch.
4. Layer the base mixture in a 20 centimetre (8 inch) spring-form cake tin and press down to flatten evenly. Leave to cool, then place in the fridge to set and chill.
5. Once the base is cold, make the filling. Drain the cashews, discard the water, and blend the cashews with the melted coconut oil, agave nectar, lime juice and vanilla extract in a high-speed food processor or blender for around a minute until a smooth and creamy consistency.
6. Pour the filling onto the base and leave in the fridge to set for a couple of hours or overnight.
7. Spread a layer of saffron compote evenly over the top of the cheesecake and decorate with blueberries, chopped pistachios and edible petals. Return to the fridge for at least an hour to set.
8. As the base is hard to cut, remove the cheesecake 30 minutes before serving. Slice into 12 pieces and serve with extra berries.
Pulled Jackfruit & Coleslaw Sandwich This Pulled Jackfruit &...