Join the Plant Based Newsletter
We will keep you updated with the latest Plant Based news and interesting items
BANANA AND PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BARS
- 125g (1/2 cup) peanut butter
- 135g (3/4 cup) coconut sugar
- 100g (1/2 cup) non-dairy butter or coconut oil
- 80g (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 1 mashed banana
- 200g (2 ¼ cups) Activoats Protein
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 150g (1 cup) mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 150g (1 cup) mixed seeds
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4, 350°F). Place the peanut butter, coconut sugar, non-dairy butter and maple syrup in a pan. Melt over a low heat until combined, stirring occasionally.
- Mix together the oats, zest, banana, dried fruit and most of the seeds in a large mixing bowl. Pour over the peanut butter mixture and stir well to combine.
- Oil a 20cm x 30 cm (approx.) baking tin and spread out the oat mixture as evenly as possible, pressing down with the back of a spoon to compact it.
- Sprinkle with the remaining seeds and an extra drizzle of maple syrup. Transfer to the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Cut into bars or squares and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
TIP: These bars keep well stored in an airtight container for up to 7 days.